Learning a language is more than just learning some grammar and a bunch of words.
Here’s some tricks that we think can help you learn faster, better, and with more fun in the process:
- Do NOT focus too much on trying to speak correctly and fluently. Instead, just focus on getting your message across. Don’t be shy! Remember: no one but you expects you to be flawless.
- Listen carefully. Try to figure out how native speakers do it. Active listening is at least as important as speaking when learning a language.
- Try to memorize some standard phrasing used by everyone. This makes it much easier to construct sentences and keep up a conversation. Zeker weten!
- Speak to yourself. Be like that granny who socializes when alone in a room. And copy other people, too. It will make you get used to hearing yourself speak your new language, it will make you confident – and it will swiftly reduce the amount or errors you make.
- Believe in yourself! Language learning is not a difficult challenge, it is a gift. As long as you keep practicing, and aren’t shy to put your new knowledge to use, you will keep learning in a playful and stress-free manner!
Do you want some help and guidance in getting that language thing going for you?
Enrol for one of our stress-free, stimulating and entertaining group courses!
March 8, 2016